MLB.com videos (using silverlight) have no sound! Help!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ero87, Apr 29, 2008.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Hey friends,

So I have Silverlight installed, like MLB.com asked me to do, and videos play, but instead of sound there is just loud static. I've tried reinstalling Silverlight, and I've tried using different browsers, with no luck. Any advice? Does this work for anyone?

For instance, the video on the right side of this page: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news...tent_id=2606015&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Does that work for you?

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

3. jbracco macrumors member

4. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

5. StuPidQPid macrumors member

Hi,
    Having the same problem here too. Get the video OK, but just lots of static audio. Only seems to have appeared after I updated to 10.5 (Leopard).

What system are you running?
    I'm on a PPC Powerbook G4 - was wondering if it's just restricted to PPC macs as others with Intel macs haven't reported any problems (see Apple thread)

6. pirategirl macrumors newbie

static

I have an Intel MacBook Pro and have the static problem with MLB videos. I am NOT happy about it. :mad: I really wish the problem would be fixed by some update somewhere.

7. TheCreator macrumors member

24" Alum iMac here... I watch videos on mlb.com a lot and mlb.tv

No problems here, gotta use safari as I haven't got it to work with FF yet...

Running 10.5.2

8. KurtangleTN macrumors 6502a

Try downloading flip4mac, if you don't already have it and use an alternative browser (Shiira, Camino, or another browser you'll rarely use) without silverlight and use the older player (Quicktime)