MLB iPad app seems static, non-responsive...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ero87, Apr 4, 2010.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Is anyone else noticing that the MLB app isn't working very well right now for the Yanks-Sox game? The live pitches don't work, the info on the screen seems very off from the audio... Am I alone here?

2. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

Try changing the update frequency in the settings. I haven't got the iPad version yet, but I know on the iPhone the default setting is 2 minutes which is way too slow.

3. kes601 macrumors regular

Nope. Not alone. Very lame and a waste of $15 especially after just paying for the iPhone version.

4. PMAC1965 macrumors newbie

Same here I changed the update frequency to the minimum 15 sec and it's still not responding to well, I guess we will be seeing an update soon, I too have the iPhone and now the iPad edition.

5. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

hmm now the main problem seems to be that the audio is a full at-bat behind...

6. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Hardly a waste. It's not like they won't update it and fix the problems.

7. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

I had it on earlier for the Seattle/SF game and it was decent but was a little unresponsive at times. I'm sure an update will fix some issues. For myself I don't call it a waste because I will use it a ton.

8. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

I agree. I don't know what's going on but during the Yankees game last night, it just stopped updating at all. It's doing it again now for the Mets-Marlins game.

ScoreCenter XL was only 2-3 seconds behind the TV. MLB, if it updated at all, was 30 seconds or more behind.

The app description says realtime updates. I think the "frequency" setting is for the scores up top.

I'm really hoping this gets fixed. At-Bat has a really nice interface with tons of info. I'd love to use it...especially considering I paid $14.99 for it.

Oh and no push notifications? Lame. The iPhone app has them and so does ScoreCenter for the iPad!

9. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

It seems that the pitch-by-pitch fails to respond when you're listening to the audio. Anyone else have this issue?

10. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

11. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

It's working fine for me but I'm watching the O's game on MLB.tv.

12. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

Just did the update for the MLB app, and now trying to follow the Yanks-Rays game, but the audio is a full batter behind the pitch-by-pitch. Bummer.

13. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Just letting you know I get the same delay with audio and the graphic.

-Kevin