MLB TV on the iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Romanesq, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Wow, just hit the button and they show the list of games and schedule for this new live video feature on the iPhone.

Well I just tried it and man it's nice. You need 3.0 and can't say the differences 3G vs. 3GS but it sure comes in nice on the 3GS. It is shaky (like 3G type highlights) and then after a few secnds it settles in clear and sweet.

Cubbies playing the Indians right now with Cleveland just smacking a three run HR when I tuned in.

Oh and the Cub fan threw the ball back. :p

2. AndrewL11 macrumors member

3. ghostee macrumors 6502

No, it's $9.99.

I bought it but can't check out the video yet because the Cubs game is blacked out for us Chicago folks.

4. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

No it's not free, come with the paid MLB at Bat. So worth the money looking at game right now. VERY NICE!!!!

5. Woz Beard macrumors regular

Woz Beard

6. Romanesq thread starter macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

yeah it's crazy good

You can audio on all the games but clearly this is the next step. Looks really good on the phone. You just sit on a table next to you, lean it against a mug.

Day baseball baby!

Afraid to move though as can't imagine it will be nearly as good on 3G versus a wifi connection.

7. ghostee macrumors 6502

Seconded!

So does the AHL, but since it costs almost $10 per game to watch on a computer, I doubt they'd ever do an app like this.

8. Mosi macrumors regular

Condensed Games Too

Something I just noticed is that if you go back one day in the schedule, you can see condensed games (about 10 minutes or so) for every game on the schedule. It's an awesome way to catch up on your teams if your looking for more than just a 30 second clip on sportscenter. Can't believe all of these features are coming from MLB for only $9.99?!? Talk about added value!

9. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Yeah, I love it! Even though the Red Sox lost tonight. It's a great addition to an already great app. Well worth ten bucks a season!

10. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Would be better if US had real Live Mobile TV (DMB or DVB). Live TV via cell phone/pmp/mp3 is huge in asia and i believe europe as well. US is so behind and I don't even know how many years it will take US to have the service.

11. Mosi macrumors regular

Probably not until we see LTE and other 4G technologies and certainly not as long as the iPhone is on AT&T