MLB.tv resetting ATV3?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by pssmith84, Apr 3, 2013.

1. pssmith84 macrumors regular

So yesterday I was able to watch the day game without any issues on my ATV3, but then when I went to watch the Rangers/Astros game at night, it kept resetting my ATV3 every time I'd select it. I tried all the other games that were on and it was doing the same thing, even if I'd just select one of the available audio options. I reset the ATV3 and it didn't help. I reset my internet and it still didn't do anything. I was able to watch Hulu Plus and Netflix without issue, and my girlfriend was able to watch MLB.tv with the same login from her Roku without issue. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

3. institute macrumors regular

MLB has never reset my ATV. What has happened occasionally is the MLB app sometimes seems to interfere with other apps. For example, say I was just watching a game in MLB but then exit using the menu button. I then go into, say, Netflix, and when the spinning wheel comes it will say "connecting to MLB.tv" rather than to Netflix. This usually straightens itself out once I then exit Netflix and then re-enter it. A bug, I guess.

4. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

Whenever MLB.tv starts acting funky, i just unplug the ATV for a couple seconds and then plug it back in. It always seem to fix the problem for me. Havent had any problems this year so far, tho.