Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
Original poster
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I'm suspecting this is an MLB.tv issue, but I'd like to confirm that it's not likely to be an Apple TV issue so I can eliminate that as a possibility. Now, my Apple TV is old, but I can't tell you how old. "About" tells me it's Model A1625(32GB). Also, it's running tvOS 15.5.1 which I believe is the latest.

So the problem watching a game has been that if I go in when the game is underway, and try to watch from the beginning, it crashes after awhile. Each time I go back to the game and forward to the spot where it crashed, the amount of time it plays is less. Looking at old BB posts, the theory was that each time it has to buffer, it crashes.

I've done a Restart of the Apple TV and I have reset my router by unplugging it momentarily. I don't see a way to tell if I have the latest MLB.tv app, or if it just upgrades automatically.

I can't really remember if this problem has occurred when I try to watch a complete game after the game is over. I'll have to test that. I can watch game Recaps and Condensed once those have been compiled, and there are no issues. I don't know if buffering is required for any of the three options once the game is over.

So, is there anything else I can do? If it's an MLB.tv issue, I doubt it will be fixed any time soon.

Last edited:

Gregg2

macrumors 604
Original poster
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Thanks. I thought of that, but, since I had done that after a Reset quite recently, I didn't think it would help, and am not willing to go through that again right now!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.