MLB World Series Tickets anyone?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wPod, Oct 18, 2007.

1. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

I live in Denver and am a big Rockies fan, I thought getting tickets for the World Series wouldn't be that bad, get up early wait in line with a couple of friends and get tickets. Now that the Rockies are going to the world series the rules for buying tickets are crazy! They are only selling 17,000 per game (out of 50,000 tickets, the other tickets are going to the 15,000 season ticket holders, to the players and to MLB to distribute as the please). And they are ONLY selling them online! At this point I am worried that I will even be able to find one ticket for one game. Yes, I am taking off work Monday morning when the tickets go on sale (10 am Mountain) so I can try my hardest to get tickets but I think they will be sold out in about 5 minutes as ticket brokers hire hundreds of people to sit online and buy tickets for them. Then the ticket brokers turn around and sell them, for prices which right now are going for upwards of $6000 and even some for $17,000 (yes you read that right!).

Here is what I am trying to find. I would love to find someone with season tickets who already has the World Series tickets, then buy one or two from them. (I would like to pay face value and NO I will not re-sale them!!!). But I am guessing that will be pretty hard for me to find, so I want to try to get some people together to all try to buy tickets online. So if they make it through on the internet then I can buy tickets from them, or if I make it through on the internet, I can sell tickets to them (again face value both ways no re-selling after).

If anyone is interested, then please post. If anyone actually has season tickets (and a couple spare) please, please please please let me know! Thanks!!!

2. jstad macrumors regular

jstad

3. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

5. wPod thread starter macrumors 68000

wPod

for a (year late) update. . . i made it to game 3 to see the Rockies. but i bought the ticket off a scalper about 15 min before the game started. i paid about $100 less than everyone else sitting around me. the problem was stub hub was charging about $200 more than i paid. stub hub is a complete rip-off and they $crewed a lot of local fans out of reasonably priced tickets. and that is my 2 cents.