MLC Chips Eliminates Majority Of Lag! I know from real experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YungMoola94, Jan 5, 2015.

1. YungMoola94 macrumors regular

Hey guys many of you who are experiencing lags on your 6 plus might be glad to know that it's because of your chips.
    Ok so I got my 6 plus when it was released and i would constantly get web refreshes and app refreshes when multitasking. 1 month in I cracked my iPhone and apple store gave me a new one and this one has MLC Nand and guess what? Majority of lag and refreshes is gone. I say majority because I get the tab refreshes once a week whereas I would get it everyday with my old one.

2. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

not with mine. did you ever try a dfu restore and set it up as new. then just sign into iCloud to get your contacts, then sync any music or pictures you wanted from your computer with iTunes?

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

4. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i don't think he does. he probably just either restored from his previous phones back up, or he just had glitchy software from factory.

5. jozeppy26 macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

An easy way to tell is to go here on your mobile device and install the app. http://www.pgyer.com/tlccheck

I am now certain my 64GB has the toshiba MLC NAND flash

*I do not own this app nor do I personally know the developer. I do not know what it does beyond reporting to you the manufacturer information regarding the flash storage in your device. Install at your own risk*

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Ran the checker. Mine is MLC (only one I ever had). Still see lag, safari crashes, etc. Oh well.

7. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

Just got a replacement 6 that says manufactured in November. Assumed it would have to actually be a refurb, but it also has MLC apparently. Makes me think maybe it's actually new.