MM failed so soon...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by phillipjfry, May 21, 2007.

1. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

I bought my iMac at the beginning of March, and already the BT MM scroll won't scroll down. DO you think that I can get a replacement? Or have I just fallen outside of the repair window? I figured it would only last a month (replacement for failed parts). I figured I would take the MM to my local Apple store and see if they can replace it for me. I really don't feel like taking apart the mouse. On the other hand, I am also thinking about getting a logitech to replace the MM. But I want to make sure that the mouse sensitivity isn't so high while playing WoW. Thoughts? :)

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I see no reason why Apple wont replace it.

One of ours went the same way - it was replaced under Applecare and delivered the very next day. I don't see why Applecare would be a requirement in this case, though.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

If you had searched the forums you would have known that this is an extremely common problem with the Mighty Mouse and you can correct it by cleaning it per Apple's guidelines on their support site.

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I think it's pretty standard that you can take it into the Genius Bar and get a new one. That little scroll nipple is really sensitive to oil and dirt, so make sure you clean the nipple often (Apple has a nipple cleaning video on their support site).

5. thomasp macrumors 6502a

6. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Careful, don't press too hard...I've had the middle button stick in the down position once.

7. phillipjfry thread starter macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

I have been doing the upside-down cleaning of the nipple. And I guess lately it's getting worse cause the paper trick worked. I don't have anything "lint-free" per apple's support site. Sorry for seeming like it is another "MM is broke". I did what thomasp said to on a sheet of paper, much MUCH vigorously than usual and it just started working. Thanks :)