mmm .... blu-ray :)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by KaraH, Dec 16, 2012.

1. KaraH macrumors 6502

In getting ready for my new imac one of the things was to have an external optical waiting to go and this time I splurged on a nice blu-ray reader/writer from OWC. I placed the order Thursday evening expecting it to arrive next week, nope, yesterday.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/MRF8UEBDW14S/

I am sure my spouse thought I was insane when I walked into the apartment with a wild grin and hugging the OWC box. Of course I had to test it with playing a blu-ray right after plugging it in. :)

edit: gak! wrong forum!

2. jedolley macrumors 68000

I got that one last year and it was HUGE. It worked fine, but the size just did not fit with my setup and I had to sell it.

3. KaraH thread starter macrumors 6502

Smaller would be nicer but it should work with my setup. I am going to have the new iMac right next to my old one (late 2007) on my desk so I can do a dual screen via the ethernet connection. I just need to get out of the habit of using the other half of the desk to toss miscellaneous stuff. The cables are long enough for putting my drives there to work.

4. petraidm macrumors member

I don't want to hijack your initial point but how do you plan to use your 200y iMac as a dual screen monitor? I did not think this was possible

5. philipfreire macrumors member

philipfreire

Thats HUGE! Dude, get a Samsung Blu Ray - comes in black or white. Slim FTW!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. KaraH thread starter macrumors 6502

7. bielen macrumors regular

Samsung vs La Cie

What's the advantage of the Samsung over the LaCie Slim Blu-Ray which is 3.0 ready?

8. DeafRaiders macrumors regular

Panasonic UJ-260 is better reviews than Samsung