Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tinghe17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2015
now there's a Music & Movie Player for Apple Watch named "MMPlayer"
(1)storage files on your watch,you can delete files on your iPhone
(2) play music or movie full screen on your watch
(3) play music by bluetooth background
screen322x572.jpeg
screen322x572.jpeg

app store link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mmplayer-for-watch-shou-biao/id1050452971?l=zh&ls=1&mt=8

video:

ougum

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
Bought this app. Didn't work for me. Got the files over to the watch but app wouldn't play them. Glad app was only 99 cents.

tinghe17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2015
Bought this app. Didn't work for me. Got the files over to the watch but app wouldn't play them. Glad app was only 99 cents.
link to a bluetooth headset.
now version single playing no need headset

tinghe17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2015
so I bought the app. How do I get the files to the watch?
use iTunes to copy files to iPhone mmplayer documents folder ,and use iPhone mmplayer to send files to watch.then you can play movies and musics on your watch

tinghe17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2015
Can't even get video files to play. No problem getting the files over to the watch. It just say "can't play files".
your movie's format is not supported by Apple Player.
convert it to avi or mp4 or other mobile movie format

ougum

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
Works like a charm now. Hadn't tried it since the update. I like how you can double tap to get full screen. Great app!!!!

TxWatch

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2015
Texas
I tried to move a 108mb TV show over to the watch and after 2 hours no luck. The App needs a Completion meter!!!

Not sure I could watch a movie / tv show on a screen as small as my Watch!

I rarely use my iPhone 6P for watching videos because it is too small. I find the iPad mini is about as small as I like to go for watching anything other than a short clip.

TxWatch

teameurox

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
use iTunes to copy files to iPhone mmplayer documents folder ,and use iPhone mmplayer to send files to watch.then you can play movies and musics on your watch

I've tried numerous times but nothing will sync over

tinghe17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2015
I've tried numerous times but nothing will sync over
update to the newest version, don not transfer too large file. the speed of transfering is very slow.
[doublepost=1463717631][/doublepost]
I tried to move a 108mb TV show over to the watch and after 2 hours no luck. The App needs a Completion meter!!!
100mb maybe too large. short movie is better. music is 3-10mb ,that wil be ok.

teameurox

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
update to the newest version, don not transfer too large file. the speed of transfering is very slow.
I am on the latest version. The latest version I see in the App Store is form 4/15/2016. Is there anyway you can update to improve playback abilities. I purchased under the impression that I could watch videos . 1.5gb movies are unfeasible but a 100mb tv show is something that seems more doable.

naasrd

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland

This app is not fit for purpose and needs to be pulled from the app store and simplified. It is way to complicated and when you finally think you've figured it out it doesn't work. We deserve better here. I'm deleting it and requesting a refund.

teameurox

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
it works for music but the description clearly states movies.....yet I dont know of a single tv show much less movie under 100mb......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.