mms 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frunkis54, Apr 2, 2009.

1. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

i posted this over at the apple discussions and the just love to delete my topics so i thought i would post over here.

i have been a long time iphone user currently have a 16gb 3g. i remember when 2.0 came out i had the original iphone and i remember all the problems of everyone trying to download the update on release day. i know we can expect some problems with downloading 3.0 on release day.

i've been hearing alot of people getting the 3.0 sdk just to get mms only to be dissppointed it won't work till at&t flips a switch for the iphone to be able to send and receive MMS and at&t under strict orders not to do it till its time.

So any ideas if apple will have at&t set it up automatically or will EVERY iphone user have to call up for it to be turned on?

2. shutter13 macrumors member

Apple has stated that MMS will not be supported and should not be used durning the beta period. I cannot imagine it would not be automatic for AT&T to turn on MMS once it goes live. Who wants millions of tech support calls that could be easily avoided.

3. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I don't think Apple will release it then tell everyone "Well, sorry guys, we've given you the application but sadly it doesn't work. So you'll have to call AT&T and they'll take it from there."

Everything will work out in the end and in a few months we won't even remember all of this :p

4. frunkis54 thread starter macrumors 65816

frunkis54

i hope so. im just real excited for all the new features not just the mms.