Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
I have my iPhone 4, that admittedly, I have epically messed with the underlying file system on. I'm trying to figure out what would cause an MMS to get to the very end of 'sending' and then fail a few minutes later.

At the same time any changes I have made I have always backed up and restored (my day job is as a sysadmin, so I have a pretty good idea what I'm doing). The only outstanding change is the ultrasn0w unlock, which I don't actually need. I do notice it now gives my AT&T 3G, AT&T and AT&T under the new carrier menu. Only the 3G works.

Any ideas, or will I probably just be stuck with a restore.

hxx112

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2010
I'm having the same problem.

I've only installed ultrasn0w, winterboard, and installous through cydia. It was working just fine yesterday but randomly decided to not work today.

Edit: it was indeed ultrasn0w causing this problem, thanks

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
Probably Ultrasnow, people are having other issues after installing it.

weespeed

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
It was ultrasn0w for me. MMS fails, no visual voicemail, and faceTime connects but is blank on my end.

After uninstalling ultrasn0w everything went back to normal. This is on iPhone 4 with 4.0.1.

Hope that helps.

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
Same as what everyone else said. This is why I rarely install the first version of ultrasn0w on a new device. The devs aren't perfect :)

elie195

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2009
It was ultrasn0w for me. MMS fails, no visual voicemail, and faceTime connects but is blank on my end.

After uninstalling ultrasn0w everything went back to normal. This is on iPhone 4 with 4.0.1.

Hope that helps.

same thing happened to me as well. MMS and facetime weren't working after installing ultrasn0w. uninstalled ultrasn0w and MMS and facetime work now.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Thanks. Fixed it! Uninstalling ultrasn0w was the answer.

tempusfugit

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2009
Chicago
im having the same issue. i guess i only installed ultrasn0w for the novelty of knowing i could use the phone where ever. I'll uninstall and wait till I need an unlock next time. :cool:

amnichols10

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008
New to those whole jailbreak/unlock thing. Ran into the same problem and unistalled to put everything back in order. How long does this persist before it is fixed

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
New to those whole jailbreak/unlock thing. Ran into the same problem and unistalled to put everything back in order. How long does this persist before it is fixed

This is definitely something you need to deal with.

Imagine if you had an iPhone and the only GSM carrier in your area was tmobile. I think you probably would accept this hiccup to be able to use your phone.

They will figure it out. If not, you can get one of those great new blackberries.

DG721

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2009
wow, i had ultrasn0w installed as well, not because i need it know but mayb later in traveling. I had the same MMS issues and just removed it, right after i get two voicemails and two MMS pop ups i hadn't recieved. Guess i'll install as needed.

Vinnie Madrox

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2009
HowELL, NJ
wow, i had ultrasn0w installed as well, not because i need it know but mayb later in traveling. I had the same MMS issues and just removed it, right after i get two voicemails and two MMS pop ups i hadn't recieved. Guess i'll install as needed.

exactly the same here LoL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.