Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psychotropic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Florida
I just got off the phone with ATT's tech support due to the same issues that everyone else is having with MMS. Last night I was able to receive a picture message, but I am unable to send a picture message. I took the advice of others and called ATT to have my messaging plan removed and placed back. This didn't work. The rep. sent me to another rep. who told me I would have to restore my phone to it's original settings and download the carrier update. He told me not to install my applications back onto the phone without first seeing if the MMS works. He said that Apple believes the problem lies with a few applications (unknown of course at this time) that are interfering with MMS. He then went on to ask me to install my apps one at a time to figure out which app is causing the problem. I don't have the time to do Apple's research for them, so I will wait to see what happens.

I wasn't sure if this information had been posted or not so I thought I would share with everyone.

hchavarria

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

My MMS has been working great on my 3GS and the comment made by AT&T sounds like an excuse for an already overloaded network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.