MMS and Data Settings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StewieEatWorld, Jul 29, 2010.

1. StewieEatWorld macrumors member

Just got myself a brand new iPhone 4 at my local O2 store. Now when I try to send texts it doesn't work, so im guessing I need the correct MMS and Data settings. Just wondering where I can get a hold of these or even download them directly onto my phone? Thanks :)

2. shandyman Suspended

i have the same problem but on orange.

on o2 you can manually enter the settings:

Pay Monthly
    To change your data settings:

From the main screen of your iPhone, tap Settings > General > Network
    Tap ‘Cellular Data Network’.
    Under ‘Cellular Data’, tap APN and change ‘idata.o2.co.uk’ to ‘mobile.o2.co.uk’ (‘o2’ needs to be written with a letter ‘o’, not a zero). You don’t need to change your username and password.
    Ignore the APN box under ‘Visual Voicemail’ – it’s not available if you don’t have an iPhone Pay Monthly tariff.
    Under MMS, tap APN and change ‘idata.o2.co.uk’ to ‘wap.o2.co.uk’ (‘o2’ needs to be written with a letter ‘o’, not a zero). You don’t need to change your username and password.
    Turn your iPhone off and on again.

taken from here - http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/settings.html

i'm on orange and can't do it manually and stuck waiting for a carrier update!!

3. littleleelack macrumors newbie

Hi did you ever get your carrier update??? If so could you upload a copy to the net?

4. shandyman Suspended

turns out that i was just awaiting them to enable it on my account properly as they had messed up. tho i think my resetting, restoring and that didn't help!! lol never got a carrier update. but noticed that now i'm on 4.1 i've got a new carrier version on the phone, must come in 4.1.