MMS and Facetime missing after JB: This is my solution

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
so last night after jailbreaking the iphone 4 i noticed that the MMS and Facetime are missing.. yeah, i checked the settings under phone tab but still the facetime menu for on-off is missing. MMS is missing too!

this morning i upgraded my itunes to 9.2.1 and upgraded the iPhone 4 as well from 4.0 to 4.0.1! after restoring itunes will ask you if you want to restore on your back-up or as a new iphone 4 something like that. do not go on that step! instead go to your safari on your iphone then do the jailbreaking. i did not use wi-fi. i typed jailbreakme.com and not jailbreakme.modmyi.com

after jailbreaking go to settings and find phone tab. you should see now the facetime and turn it on. check also your MMS. you will now see the camera icon on the compose message.

hope this will work for you guys having problems with facetime and MMS

EDIT: i did this step on my iPad 3G and no still luck..

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
mms and facetime were fixed overnight which is why it worked after you re-jailbroke on 4.0.1
I got my FT and MMS back with a backup restore, but i still got the bad pixels which is the jailbraking code being storage on the framebuffer (edited)

Rob Mclovin

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
Do you know if the bad pixels on the boot screen was fix too? I got my FT and MMS back with a backup restore, but i still got the bad pixels. wondering if it worth to restore fresh and re-jailbreak
From Planetbeing:
"The glitches on the boot screen are normal. You're looking at the kernel shellcode jailbreakme uses (temporarily stored on the framebuffer)."

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
no, my bad pixels are gone after i did the restore and jailbreak again

sorry, tried to restart and saw again the pixels on the upper corner. not a big deal. they only stayes for a few secs..

anja98

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
so last night after jailbreaking the iphone 4 i noticed that the MMS and Facetime are missing.. yeah, i checked the settings under phone tab but still the facetime menu for on-off is missing. MMS is missing too!

this morning i upgraded my itunes to 9.2.1 and upgraded the iPhone 4 as well from 4.0 to 4.0.1! after restoring itunes will ask you if you want to restore on your back-up or as a new iphone 4 something like that. do not go on that step! instead go to your safari on your iphone then do the jailbreaking. i did not use wi-fi. i typed jailbreakme.com and not jailbreakme.modmyi.com

after jailbreaking go to settings and find phone tab. you should see now the facetime and turn it on. check also your MMS. you will now see the camera icon on the compose message.

hope this will work for you guys having problems with facetime and MMS

EDIT: i did this step on my iPad 3G and no still luck..
Hi, I too was trying to find the FaceTime settings because it has disappeared mysteriously from my iPhone! In the end I found out that its because I have JB my phone and have not did a Cydia update yet.

So folks, if you find that your FaceTime settings is missing after you jailbreak, you can get it back at http://igeeksfaq.blogspot.com/2010/08/iphone-facetime-problems.html

Hemmo

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2010
hmm i have the newest base structure (1-4?) still no facetime , i cant see the facetime tab on settings>phone.I reseted all settings from the phone.Any ideas i have heard that restore dosent help eighter..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.