MMS and iPhone 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hokullani, Apr 4, 2009.

1. hokullani macrumors member

How can I get ATT to activate MMS for my 3.0 iPhone? Has anyone been able to?

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

First, wrong forum, this is for dev/SDK questions.

AT&T won't help you, they've been instructed by Apple to not "turn on" anything. Apple's notes on beta 2 even say not to use MMS.

However, many people, myself included, have MMS working with no extra work. I installed 3.0b2 and it worked and is still working. All I had to do was turn off WiFi and reboot the phone and it started working.

3. bboyjayz macrumors member

How do you activ your MMS app ? i try to turn off Wifi, et reboot my phone, but nothing appear, the keyboard doesn't have the icon to send a photo or other...Mayby 'cause i'm from france (and, of course, french operator ? )

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I don't think users outside of the US get the camera icon unless they hack their carrier file. You also won't get it if you're using a first-gen iPhone since it isn't supported.

5. bboyjayz macrumors member

i'm using iphone 3G, i've try to hack my carrier list, my mms are activated, but when i try to send one, at the last 10%, a red icon appear near my mms, saying send fail ... :( any idea ?