MMS and video recording a software fix?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bzudo, Jun 9, 2008.

1. bzudo macrumors newbie

Is MMS something that could be added to the iPhone via the App Store? Could Apple add that as a software update?

What about video? Couldn't a 3rd party software developer create a program to record video through the iPhones current camera?

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

MMS and video recorder can already be downloaded from installer onto the existing iPhone. I have MMS functionality on my iPhone.

EDIT: Who knows if Apple will put those applications out.

3. Random hero macrumors regular

Random hero

I came here to ask the exact same thing,

I know people who have hacked their phones can do both of these,

What benefit to apple is there to not allow an app to be downloaded through the store?

4. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

I suppose they'll never include MMS functionality, I suppose what other users said about them "not believing in MMS" is a reason for that. A missed chance, some might say.

About the video recorder... they might have put that in if they'd included a better camera, but as far as I understand it, the iPhones photo capabilities have never been one of its parade features, and I suppose Apple doesn't intend it to be either. If they added video recorder functionality they may have had to top up the camera too for image reasons, which they were obviously not prepared to do this time around.

Who knows, that's my speculation anyway.:eek:

5. BrianFD3S macrumors member

Bluetooth file-transfer is only a 'software fix' also, but we haven't seen any likelihood of that [officially] either.

6. bzudo thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think this is a sure thing, if Apple is serious about supporting 3rd party developers.