MMS? Anyone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by greekman, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greekman macrumors newbie

All i need is an mms app. Thats it. Any news on one, with a software upgrade or without. Even with jailbreaking, but can you do that with the new iphone 3g yet. Let me know.

Thanks.

2. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Please just search.
    You're probably going to get flamed in about 5 seconds.

3. chappy87 macrumors regular

Seriously though, the only one I have heard of is Swirly MMS, an app only available for JB iPhone users.

4. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

MMS is a thing of the past mate, nobody uses it... why not just attach photos by email... much easier.. most MMS phones have browsers and can download emails...

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

MMS is dead

6. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

iPhone software update (Firmware 2.1) coming out.. already in beta.. dont cry if it doesnt come coz it wont... its crap... unneccessary and if it was apple/att etc and o2 blah blah would have to change their plans to include MMS for guys like you...

7. Chodite macrumors 6502a

Chodite

I've gotta LOL @ these.

Because Apple can't do MMS on the iPhone means MMS is dead? Riiiight.
    It sure wasn't dead with my last phone nor is it dead to my friends who send me MMS msg's regularly.

8. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

Who wants to look at a pic that is 100px X 100px on almost any device these days? It would look like crap on the iPhone, it looks like crap on a lot of other phone that dont have the same nice screen. I can attach an 800x600 image to an email and anyone will be able to view it (with a modern phone) :rolleyes:

That said, MMS would be nice if it would shut up the hatters! But im sure they would find something else to bitch about. They always do! :rolleyes:

9. someguy7014 macrumors member

10. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Worked for floppy drives, legacy ports, beige, and currently Blu-ray.

11. egor macrumors regular

I don't know which email address anyone uses on their mobile. Unlike MMS, on most plans receiving emails aren't free. And most people I know don't even use email on their mobile.

Nobody uses it and yet I receive them regularly?!?

And people arguing that Apple could set the trend and kill MMS. Many people won't buy an iPhone because it hasn't got basic features, so how is that going to work? I can't even consider an iPhone until it has MMS, otherwise it doesn't work as a mobile for me.

The floppy drive was killed off when there wasn't a genuine need for it (but people wanting it could by an external drive). All the technologies Apple has been one of the first companies to stop using have been superseded. Fact is, there is currently no successor to MMS and any successor would require widespread adoption to be viable. It can't be a sudden transition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.