MMS broken with new sim card (at&t)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by superxero3, Jul 18, 2009.

1. superxero3 macrumors regular

I went to an AT&T kiosk at the mall to ask why my 3 way calling wasn't working. I was told that it was most likely my sim card, and that they could give me a new one right there and everything on my phone would still work exactly the same blah blah blah.. i would just have 3 way calling working too! so i let them do it.

Long story short, 3 way calling still doesn't work. I enabled MMS (i'm on a family plan with family messaging, and have had MMS since 2.2.1 with swirly) and it has been working fine.. Up until i got the new sim card!

My phone is using AT&T carrier settings 5, and i was using a mobileconfig from benm.at but when i went back to the site today it seems to be different than the one i loaded about a month ago. I can't send and recieve MMS no matter what settings i use, anybody have any ideas?

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Wait for it, wait for it... No really wait for it. Rumors are 2 weeks and you will have a non-hacked MMS that should work.

3. superxero3 thread starter macrumors regular

but i have had it working fine since 2.2.1.. and it worked on 3.0 flawlesssy.. until i got a new sim.. i more or less just want to know why the new sim would cause this.

And the worker at AT&T said either this monday or next is looking good for MMS

4. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

What method did you use to get it to work in the first place, putting it in an MMS capable phone, or calling in ATT?

Or if possible. non of the above

5. superxero3 thread starter macrumors regular

None of the above. I just updated the AT&T carrier settings to 5.0, and used the following settings

wap.cingular
    wap@cingulargprs.com
    CINGULAR1
    mmsc.cingular.com

and it would just work for me. Now, i get the red exclamation point when i try to send the MMS.

btw.. doing a full restore now

6. Alipor macrumors newbie

You need to put that sim in a mms capable phone. that will fix it.

7. superxero3 thread starter macrumors regular

i put the sim in an mms enabled phone.. i can make and recieve phone calls in it and can send and receive text messages, but MMS still wont send. Any Ideas why this is happening?

8. Alipor macrumors newbie

Register it with media net. then try to send an mms again. when you get an mms to send put it back into your iPhone.

9. superxero3 thread starter macrumors regular

How do i register my phone with medianet? I tried using the browser on my MMS capable phone but it will not connect to any data services.

10. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

11. superxero3 thread starter macrumors regular

If you read the beginning of this thread you would know that my MMS was working 100% perfectly, until a guy at AT&T switched my SIM card with a new one. I'm just trying to figure out why a new SIM card would cause me to lose MMS (and only MMS).

I put my sim into another phone for about an hour, put it back in my iPhone and i had working MMS for about 10 minutes, now it's back to not working.

12. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Maybe because AT&T soes not support MMS currently and you installed something as a "work a round"? It will OFFICIALLY be supported soon enough.

13. superxero3 thread starter macrumors regular

If i wanted a general answer like that i wouldn't have posted... i want to actually know why the SIM is directly causing this.

14. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

More than likely the network reset whatever it was that made MMS work. Your SIM is linked to your iPhone. When the network sees a new SIM attached to an iPhone - who knows what takes place. Some network settings may have been reset.

Either way - I am sure you can live without it just a little longer :)

15. superxero3 thread starter macrumors regular

I signed up for MEdia net when my SIM was in my other phone, and i could get MMS to send just fine. I put the sim back in my iPhone, could send MMS for about 10 minutes.. then no dice.