Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
I'm sure AT&T is happy to charge you for MMS. Whether or not your iPhone uses it is an entirely different story.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I'm sure AT&T is happy to charge you for MMS. Whether or not your iPhone uses it is an entirely different story.

I have Unlimited messaging under my family plan. I am already paying for picture messaging for all the lines.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
AT&T recommends taking $20/month of your money for sending text messages. Oh I bet they do!

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
My thoughts are that this is nothing new and in no way indicates MMS is coming. It says "iPhone text messaging 200." Why would they list this option then? That is, why would they list a text only and then a text/mms plan for the same price? Wouldn't people just pic the text/mms option since it is the same price? Yes, it does seem confusing, but I hope I am wrong.

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2008
I'm in the same boat... It won't cost anymore for me, so bring on MMS!

I jumped in the boat also.
boat.gif

ParishYoung

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
Bristol, South West UK
Not sure about international carriers, but the iPhone in the UK (probably) wont be able to support MMS until Apple release a software update which enables more than one Access Point (APN).

Here in the UK, each network has at least two access points. 1 is for internet access, and another for MMS use. It's also common for an extra one used for WAP access - but this is not relevant to the iPhone.

If Apple did enable an extra access point then it is plausable to imagine that users would be able to setup a new access point giving cheaper Internet access whilst abroad which is not what the official carrier networks want.

On a personal note, if additional access points were available in the iPhone software then I would be able to use both personal and work email (I have a corporate APN that I need to use for business)

Hopefully all this makes sense. But please feel free to correct me if it is technically wrong. I work for one of the networks in the UK (not O2) and I know this to be the case for my employer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.