MMS coming to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nfl46, Jan 4, 2009.

1. milani macrumors 68000

milani

I'm sure AT&T is happy to charge you for MMS. Whether or not your iPhone uses it is an entirely different story.

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I have Unlimited messaging under my family plan. I am already paying for picture messaging for all the lines.

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

AT&T recommends taking $20/month of your money for sending text messages. Oh I bet they do!

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I'm in the same boat... It won't cost anymore for me, so bring on MMS!

5. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

My thoughts are that this is nothing new and in no way indicates MMS is coming. It says "iPhone text messaging 200." Why would they list this option then? That is, why would they list a text only and then a text/mms plan for the same price? Wouldn't people just pic the text/mms option since it is the same price? Yes, it does seem confusing, but I hope I am wrong.

6. ehnnwhycee macrumors member

AT&T already took down that part of the messaging menu..its back to normal now

7. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

I jumped in the boat also. [​IMG]

8. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

Not sure about international carriers, but the iPhone in the UK (probably) wont be able to support MMS until Apple release a software update which enables more than one Access Point (APN).

Here in the UK, each network has at least two access points. 1 is for internet access, and another for MMS use. It's also common for an extra one used for WAP access - but this is not relevant to the iPhone.

If Apple did enable an extra access point then it is plausable to imagine that users would be able to setup a new access point giving cheaper Internet access whilst abroad which is not what the official carrier networks want.

On a personal note, if additional access points were available in the iPhone software then I would be able to use both personal and work email (I have a corporate APN that I need to use for business)

Hopefully all this makes sense. But please feel free to correct me if it is technically wrong. I work for one of the networks in the UK (not O2) and I know this to be the case for my employer.