MMS...Have AT&T IPCC 5.0 file...whats next ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by astonecold83, Jul 10, 2009.

1. astonecold83 macrumors member

Ok guys...I know there are a bunch of this treads in here and i have looked at some and try their settings but I cannot enable MMS on my 3GS using IPCC 5.0.

I still have the voicemail working and the options appeared for tethering and MMS but when I try sending an MMS using some of the options that I found on this form...I keep getting an error message.
    Is there a way to enable (I don't care about tethering) MMS without having to call AT&T?
    Also, can someone please tell me the right settings used to enable MMS on a 3GS?

Thanks in advance :D

2. alansaysstop macrumors regular

here's the right settings.

wait until its offically out.

3. yum114 macrumors member

wow, so rude. You read the topic b4 coming in right? so why waste your time clicking and reading what it was about if youre tired of seeing these threads?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Because that's just the way forums are.

OP, you might try telling people what error message you are getting. Even so, there are so many variables, and since AT&T has been doing sweeps, you might get it to work and then find out in a few hours it doesn't. It's probably not worth the trouble.

5. alansaysstop macrumors regular

Word. On all three iPhones in my house i was able to send one mms from each of them and AT&T did a sweep. Like I said, if the million "get mms now" threads don't help you, you're better off waiting til it's offical. It's not worth the frustration.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Don't you think it's funny how some of these guys say they positively have the method, and then you never hear from them again? It'll be nice when we have this officially and we won't have to see any new threads on MMS.

7. astonecold83 thread starter macrumors member

for the people that tried to help.....thanks

thanks guys.....for the input....I did take some time trying research more info on this forum and others but was not successful. It would be nice to finally find a way to get MMS enabled (specially when ur that close like I thought I was today) but after hours of trying to play with the settings...I did decide that it's really not worth it......also I am glad that some you stated about AT&T doing a sweep.....would be really upsetting to finally got it done and then have it turned off by AT&T :rolleyes:

btw.....after months of reading these forums and then finally joining you guys....I have found lots of people in this forum with sarcasm and really nothing to do with their time then to post stupid comments and remarks....a forum is suppose to be a place where people share their interests,concerns,success stories and are able to reach out to fellow peers with questions they might have.....no need to bring sarcasm into a thread or putting someone down......no matter how silly their question or concern is.

Just an input about some of the things that I've seen in here......for the people that answered to my thread and trying to help....thanks a bunch :D

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Are you calling my comments sarcastic??

9. astonecold83 thread starter macrumors member

not at all....more and overall directed to post number 2 :)

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Ahhhhhh, yes that was pretty bad of him. He came around in the 2nd post though. :)

You gotta understand we see these posts every day. Also, it's fun to joke around too. Relieves the boredom of the work day!!

11. alansaysstop macrumors regular

Haha yeah dude i was just messing with.

In all seriousness, the only thing I've gotten to work for sure is Internet tethering. Which to me is kind of pointless since I'm always home and if I'm out and about and need to get something off the Internet, I'd rather not carry my MacBook around just to tether.

12. astonecold83 thread starter macrumors member

My post was kinda late since I just came back to see what the responses were to my question. And...yes....we do have to make this fun at times specially after a long day and seeing sometimes the same threads 2 or 3 times. But after following this forum for a long time and seeing some of the remarks that are being done....makes me wonder if all of us are here to help each other or let frustration out on each other.....there are some great people on this forum and I enjoy reading through most of the threads here....but just don't understand why some people are like the "Forum Police"...haha...I love this phrase :D

But it wasn't directed to you and again.....you were right....after all...its not worth the trouble