Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
Er...okkk. "...i for one....". I for one doesnt translate to alot of people, so next time speak for yourself and stop trying to tell people what will/won't bother them.

MMS is a common and useful feature and if people could 'cope without it' i wonder why 99% of mobile manufacturers still incorporate it into their handsets.

I wasn't insulting anyone but Apple, the OP asked a question and i answered it and gave my opinion. MMS is a no brainer feature and not including it IMHO is retarded, especially for a phone that aims to go worldwide.

Oh btw, if you have something to say, just say it instead of hiding it in invincible fonts

I for one obviously refers to no-one but me, that's self evident. However, I expect that my pattern of phone use is similar for people in my demographic, a group of people who can readily drop the kind of money Apple are asking for on a new product. However, it seems that you are much better placed to comment on what people want than I am; perhaps you work in market research!

I didn't accuse you on insulting the original poster but did point out that 'retarded' is an inapproriate word to use. 'A step backward' would be better without sounding like you're conducting a playground argument and instead trying to get a valid point across.

None of my words were 'invincible' but some were tucked away in another colour, to be honest I think you helped make my point.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
.....I for one obviously refers to no-one but me, that's self evident. However, I expect that my pattern of phone use is similar for people in my demographic, a group of people who can readily drop the kind of money Apple are asking for on a new product.....

Sigh....

'retarded'..... 'A step backward' would be better......"

Step backward and retardation mean the same thing....backwards in/slowed development. If you wanna use wordplay, knock yourself out.

I think that the ability to email pictures would be of far greater use and allows bulk messaging for the cost of 1 upload vs the cost of multiple uploads on MMS (if that makes sense)

Would work if all the phones out there actually supportd rich HTML/graphics/photo formats in Email. Unfortunately majority don't for now, meaning any email you compose on your iPhone is highly unlikely to be formatted correctly on the recepients phone. Meaning you've just wasted Data airtime that you're trying to save.

None of my words were 'invincible' but some were tucked away in another colour, to be honest I think you helped make my point.

Here's me tucking away some words. Indirectly insulting people's intelligence or telling them to shut up because they criticised your beloved product/company doesn't get a valid point across it just reinforces my opinion of you as a Fanboy. I guess thats the fun part....

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
Not a fan boy, just someone with sufficient in-sight to realise that things that do or don't affect me may not have the same significance to everyone else. You on the other hand seem to think that you speak for everyone when you lament the lack of MMS, sadly you don't.

As for direct/indirect/implicit insults, I believe that the forum has rules about such things and if you are worried that they have been breached feel free to shout about it - you seem quick to complain when the mood takes you.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
I can understand why some people don't care about MMS. I usually just use SMS and good old phone service. That said, it is great to snap a picture and send it right off once in awhile. I certainly wouldn't want to be without MMS.

whateverandever

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2006
Baltimore
Would work if all the phones out there actually supportd rich HTML/graphics/photo formats in Email. Unfortunately majority don't for now, meaning any email you compose on your iPhone is highly unlikely to be formatted correctly on the recepients phone. Meaning you've just wasted Data airtime that you're trying to save.

True, you'd lose the formatting on most phones, but not the attachment. So you'd still be able to look at / save the pictures sent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.