MMS not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidpace, Jul 17, 2010.

1. davidpace macrumors newbie

Hi all, I have been having problems with MMS on my iPhone 4. I just upgraded the software to 4.0.1 so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I cannot send or receive picture messages. I had a similar problem when I first got the phone but I solved it by switching "Cellular Data" ON (did not know b/c it's my first iPhone). Anyway, has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

2. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

Same here, girls are getting mad at me because they're having to email me the pictures. :mad:

3. Daddy Mac macrumors member

Yea I have the same problem. I can send pictures perfectly with PingChat but with regular MMS it just doesn't go through. I get a little red exclamation mark.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Call up AT&T and make sure everything is right on their end.
    They will troubleshoot and figure it out.

5. Acronym macrumors 68000

had the exact same problem called Rogers from a different phone they kicked me rom their network and connected me back on whilst my phone was off and i could send receive messages again.

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Usually, it's nothing to do with the 'phone - it's the network.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

just so that we can troubleshoot the issue, is the MMS feature 'Turned On' on your phone?

Settings ->Messages
    [​IMG]

8. davidpace thread starter macrumors newbie

It is working now. I turned off "Enable 3G" and turned it back on, and did the same with the "Cellular Data". MMS works great now. Thanks.

9. KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

Also, remember that pictures taken with the iphone 4 have a higher resolution and subsequently, a much larger size. Where before you could send a 3G or 3GS photo fairly quickly, it will take longer with the 4 and possibly time out if you are not getting a strong signal.