MMS not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LoLife, Aug 10, 2010.

1. LoLife macrumors regular

My friend has an i4 4.0 jailbroke from jailbreakme. After jailbreak everything work fine for him. He had MMS working fine he could send and receive MMS no problems. Well the other day he tried to send an MMS and it wouldn't send out. It tries to send and the little bar on the top when you send a message comes up and it goes about 95 percent of the way and stops then he gets the red explanation mark after about 1 minute. So it doesn't go through. He has tried the Iphone Delivery repo and it didn't work, he has reset his network settings didn't work. Was wondering if anyone had any other advice? His facetime works fine no problems there. I assume the next step is a restore which he already knows but he is trying to fix it without restoring. Thanks in advance for your help guys.

2. LoLife thread starter macrumors regular

3. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

I'll also confirm I have this same issue. I'm receiving them fine it just doesn't send it goes to the end and then fails to send. I have the iPhoneDelivery also. Reset settings etc...It's really pissing me off haha. I cannot restore from new because I need all my text messages :/

4. enklined macrumors 6502

I am having this problem too, just noticed it tonight! WTF?!

The only thing I can think of is ultrasn0w? I unlocked, even though I didnt need to - I'm on AT&T. Are you guys unlocked with ultrasn0w too?

Anyone got any ideas?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. enklined macrumors 6502

Yes, it was ultrasn0w. I uninstalled it, restarted the phone, and bingo, i can send MMS again.

7. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

I believe there is a fix for this in Cydia. Lemme see if I can figure out what it's called.

8. narsx macrumors member

So wait, once you unlock with ultrasnow, you remove it and mms should work, or do you lose your unlock, i got the internet to work, but no mms

9. IAmTheCrack macrumors member

i'm curious about this as well. i just removed ultrasn0w to regain mms. anyone know if this relocks your phone?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, if ultrasnow is not installed and running in the back then your phone is again locked to its original carrier.

11. IAmTheCrack macrumors member

12. LoLife thread starter macrumors regular

He had installed unltrasnow, no clue why because he has att, but once he uninstalled it the MMS worked fine. He can now send them. Thanks much for the help guys perfect solution :D

13. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

I fixed my problem by doing a restore then restoring from back up. Phone is no longer jail broken.

14. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

The problem is mostly related to the fact that unlocking also wipes your APN settings.
    They haven't really found a solution yet, to the best of my knowledge.

EDIT: Nice here's a solution: Fix MMS with ultrasn0w

15. Nine9si macrumors member

Yes, Had the same issues. Im with ATT but decided to just have unlocked incase for anything. I removed ultrasn0w and everything is back to normal. Guess if I ever need it unlocked ill always have Cydia on hand to do so and hopefully the problem will be fixed them then.