MMS on 3.0 not working , anyone else lose it>

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pugnut, Mar 29, 2009.

1. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Have it on three phones, all testing and were working fine. As of this AM they are not.

2. lftrghtparadigm macrumors 6502

Could you provide a tit bit more info?

Most of us running 3.0b have yet to use MMS because it is currently unsupported by AT&T in the US.

Where are you/carrier?

Are you dev, or just someone horsing around?

3. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a

AT&T, and I had it working on three dev phones, 2 in DC and one in Atlanta alll on one account one seems to be working now, the two in DC does not.

4. lftrghtparadigm macrumors 6502

Ok, did you do anything specific to get it working in the first place? Carrier update file, or anything? Just trying to diagnose here.

5. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a

Carrier update, switched SIM to blackberry, switched plans and it worked.

6. kenkamm macrumors regular

I'm on AT&T as well, did the SIM swap with a BB just like you. I also went to the web site and changed my iPhone txt plan to a general messaging plan, and did the media.net thing people were talking about. However after that, I still couldn't get the "send" to work, so I called AT&T and luckily they agreed to provision my account for MMS.

Perhaps your account got flagged and changed.

Mine has been working for over a week now, and continues to; just checked it.

I did have a send failure once, but decided to give it some time. I did a re-send a few hours later and it worked.

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Still working for me, over a week as well. All I did was call AT&T and ask them to enable MMS for me. I am in the dev program and was already on the family messaging plan so the basically just flipped the switch on their end, had me restart my iPhone and make a normal call. Then it was good.

8. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's back

Went out about town and it seems to be working now.

9. mrrish macrumors regular

mrrish

Guys, don't go announcing that your a dev with the need for MMS, that should be a last resort.

Just say: you have a second AT&T purchased phone (this is critical) and that you use this other phone for XYZ reason. They'll provision your account and you'll have to send one MMS from that phone. Then you can just keep the SIM in your iPhone!

10. muskratboy macrumors 6502

why would that be a problem?

i am a dev, and i need to develop for MMS... AT&T can't have a problem with that. why is it better to lie about it and swap SIMS all over the place?

why would you think ATT would refuse this in the first place?

11. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Why, that is probably the best reason to ask them to enable MMS. Really, the only legit reason there is!

12. zookster macrumors member

But they do. They ended up reading me some official notice about Apple 3.0 and MMS and have they are forbidden to add MMS to any iPhone account. Period.

I was quite urked about it, but if you wanted to do MMS development, you will have to have AT&T give you the green light for it.

John