MMS on AT&T MediaNet Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knolly, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Some searching didn't turn up anything, although it may have been lost in the throngs of MMS threads...

Has anyone with the MediaNet data plan and a standard non-iPhone messaging plan gotten MMS to work? I've tried pretty much every guide and carrier settings I can find out there in the last month and haven't had any luck. I have the $30 unlimited data + messaging plan, which definitely includes MMS, because I can slap my SIM card in a Nokia and use MMS, but I can't for the life of me get this working on my 3GS.

In b4 someone telling me to get an actual iPhone plan.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

if it doesnt work maybe try getting an actual iphone plan:p

no such thing as a free lunch

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I have the Family Messaging Plan. When I looked at my bill this month the 2 iphones were littered with Medianet entries for messaging for the first time.

My phone has been getting MMS via the hacked 5.1 ipcc for about 3 weeks. Haven't talked to my son in a while but from the looks of his messaging he has had MMS for over a month now.

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I was able to finally get MMS to work with my GoPhone sim in my 3G iPhone. It only worked once I went to a medianet website and signed up. I can't remember what the site was and I can't find it in my Safari history either. I don't have a data plan on this GoPhone account and all you need is an SMS package, I have the 1,000 SMS one.

I found the Medianet website by reading one of the MMS threads on Friday.

5. Knolly thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh now you're just asking for it...

Honestly, I won't be too upset if I can't get MMS since most people know to just picture message my email anyway, and it's certainly not worth an extra $20 a month, haha.

I have a new theory: I've updated my carrier file so many times that I've borked my iPhone one way or another. I'll try giving it a restore some time tonight and see what happens.

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

7. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Here's a screen cap from my GoPhone account page. It lists unlimited data at the bottom. It will be active on October 1.

[​IMG]

8. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

Mine has been working on the MEdiaNet plan for months now. No issues.

9. Knolly thread starter macrumors 6502a

Turns out I was right... My incessant tweaking had messed up something somewhere. A restore to 3.0 + carrier file update got it working instantly. Thanks for everyone's help!