MMS on iPhone 2G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kidwithdimples, Sep 25, 2009.

1. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

Is it possible? I have an iPhone 2G running 3.0

2. melissarae macrumors regular

melissarae

3. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

4. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You heard? From where? How much? If its speculation you should try it yourself.

6. jamaggic macrumors member

activatemms2g

installed activatemms2g via cydia on 2g, 3.01 JB/unlocked and it worked great EXCEPT it would use up battery in about an hour whether or not I was sending MMS,,, thankfully after uninstalling via cydia battery usage returned to normal.

7. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I dont have that problem. I can go all day without charging my battery and if i use it alot, wont have to charge till well into the afternoon. I am on 3.0.1

8. nickels macrumors member

I installed ActivateMMS2g on my 3.0 JB original iPhone. I am on AT&T and MMS doesn't work. We are discussing this in another thread, but it seems this app no longer functions for AT&T folks.

9. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I installed it on my 2G with 3.0 and with 3.0.1, it worked fine on both versions. No resource problems at all, battery life didn't change. I installed a mobile config file from BenM to get the network settings entered correctly.

10. Ex-05 macrumors newbie

Will this work without a data plan?

I read somewhere that people are using their data plan to send MMS instead, so I just wanted to confirm.

11. nickels macrumors member

I wonder is there any way to call AT&T and get info to make this work? I pay them a boatload of money each month, my phone is capable of sending and receiving MMS, and their network is basically saying no to letting it happen.

12. vlj9r macrumors member

Are you on AT&T?

13. jvice09 macrumors member

jvice09

yes, we all know this works for tmobile and other carriers. any success stories for iphone 2g on at&t for mms? this is getting frustrating :mad:

14. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

No - apologies, didn't mean to mislead people there, I am on O2 in the UK. It seems from other posts here that AT&T is blocking MMS's from 2G iPhones. It worked fine on O2 though, so it is not the phone or the software.

15. bjnyc macrumors newbie

bjnyc

i jailbroke my 2G on 3.0 and got "activatemms2g" thru cydia. the software was all set up for mms (the camera icon, the mms settings - everything) but i could never send/receive...just got the red "!''. i'm sure it's an at&t network thing, perhaps after september 25th. rumor is the network knows when a 2G tries to send an mms because of the IMEI# on the SIM and wont allow it. we need some kind of hack where the network thinks the phone is a 3G/3GS...:rolleyes: