MMS on iPhone 4 with T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric Noa, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Eric Noa macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Ok so its been a long time since the iPhone 4 came out and I still have not been able to get my MMS to work with T-mobile. Does anybody have MMS working and if so what settings do you have? I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. I know there are a million threads about this but all the one's I've found have not help me in getting the MMS to work. Thank you

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its a major pain. I tried a bunch of times to get MMS to work on friends 3GS on 4.3.3 and nothing.
    I gave up.:(

3. WMuntean macrumors regular

Both the 3GS and iPhone 4 must be jailbroken to be able to send and receive MMS. I wish there was another way, but unfortunately because tmobile is not an official carrier (in the US) it cannot support it natively.

4. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Well to my understanding in order to have you phone on another carrier your phone must be jail-broken first. Mine is jail-broken and unlock running OS 4.1 how can I send and receive MMS

5. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

In order to use an iPhone on T-Mobile it only needs to be unlocked for its use on that carrier. Afterwards, jailbreak to enable MMS settings. Most carriers have instructions to configure this on their websites, my Vodafone phone came with instructions on this on a small booklet... I hope this helps :/

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

It must be jailbroken first before it can be unlocked here in the U.S.

7. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

If you're using ultrasn0w that is ;)

8. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Yes but to unlock you must first jailbreak in the U.S

9. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Anybody has MMS working on their iPhone 4 with T-Mobile?

10. Vegastouch, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011

Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Used to have it working on my older iPhone but this is the reason i switched to another phone...from T-Mobile. Was sick of having a slow phone and only having slow EDGE speeds when not at home on wifi.
    There are some good phones on T-Mobile, maybe you should think about getting one. Seriously, the iPhone is nice but it isnt worth being limited. Arent you paying regular data rates now and only being able to use EDGE? The $5.99 cheap data i used to have is long gone.

11. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

I have the $10 unlimited data and let me tell I don't think its slow... I have used iPhones on 3G and there's not a lot of difference from what I get on my iPhone. Plus I look at it this way, its a phone not a computer if I want super lighting speed then thats why I have a computer. Im happy with my iPhone the way it is, I just wanted to see if there was a way of getting MMS to work but if I can't it doesn't bother me at all.

12. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Wel, all i can say is 3G on my Vibrant is MUCH faster than EDGE though EDGE on my Vibrant is much faster than it was on the iPhone.
    Back when i used my iPhone on T-Mobile, i used this setting. Im sure you have tried it already but just in case, here it is again.

Here is the MMSC 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy 216.155.165.50:8080

and i was using wap.voicestream.com for my APN

13. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

I have tried those settings and nope they haven't worked.