MMS on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YoungKevin, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Formula1freak macrumors member

Formula1freak

If this is true, this is one feature i have been long waiting for, i hate receiving a text message saying go to viewmymessage.com and fill out all this info just to view a picture...

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

speculation and rumor with a SS of Swirly MMS.. Thats almost reporting on the lvl of a 5th grader.

3. YoungKevin thread starter macrumors member

This might mean video recording too because it says MMS not pic messaging so maybe we can send video too!

4. nakile macrumors regular

If MMS was on the way, I'm sure that people would be finding references to it in the iPhone 2.0 beta.

So far, no dice. I don't think we'll be seeing it any time soon.

5. cdp1276 macrumors member

cdp1276

And why would this only be on the 3G iPhone? I thought the software v2.0 would be consistent for all iPhones in terms of feature sets (aside from the obvious hardware differences)?

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

7. YoungKevin thread starter macrumors member

if its true it will be for all iPhones. I think people get the iPhone 3G and iPhone 2.0 software confused

8. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Guys, regardless of whether you believe the source has the slightest ounce of veracity or no, MMS is not something I'd count against for the 3G iPhone and 2.0 software, period. IMO, Apple is holding many things close to the vest. Ok, no code has been discovered of it currently in 2.0 beta software....So? Who's to say Apple doesn't have a private build that they only released internally with which they've been debugging MMS and everything else they want to keep close to vest, for the last couple months? I mean, from firmware 1.1.1 to firmware 1.1.4, did we have developer builds? Hell no, Apple just dropped the firmware on us and we figured out what was new (many things unlisted by them) about it.

With something as big as the 2.0 update and the 3G iPhone in general, I sincerely doubt Apple would not have solved its MMS problem. Many people have voiced their concerns about the iPhones lack of it, and they definitely want to fix it, but they want to make it something the consumer knows about first only on July 11th as it will cause mass hysteria (silly, considering it's just MMS, something other phones have had for a while). For some reason, I also expect to hear big name announcements with regards to the App Store. Like an Adobe Flash program or Windows Office Mobile or something. It only makes sense guys. Stuff of this caliber is not stuff they should just spill the beans on all at once. They want to keep the word 'iPhone' in the news and everyones mouths as long as possible, and slow leaks, not putting it all out there, is the way to do it.

9. YoungKevin thread starter macrumors member

Maybe it could be one of those last minute things apple added. If so I hope that won't be one of the last minute surprises. That's should have been there from the beginning. That's not anything to brag about!

10. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

That line right there shot credibility out the window. Some of these reps don't even know left from right. Phone reps especially since they follow a scripted dialog. And if we're talking sales rep well then I've heard plenty of false truths come out their mouths.

but who knows, i'll refrain from a picard.jpg for now.

11. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

It's not something to brag about, but regardless, if that was a last minute surprise, that would bring a lot more people over to the iPhone. Something to brag about, no. Something that is worth mentioning, and is a great last minute surprise, very much so.

12. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Yeah i woudnt count against it just because we havent seen anything about it yet, Youtube was a last minute addition to the iPhone and im pretty sure a youtube app is more in depth than adding MMS functionality, not entirely sure tho

13. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

That was a screenshot of a MMS app on jailbroken iPhones.

14. Blackforge macrumors 6502

Even if Apple doesn't provide it, hasn't AT&T already stated they are working on their own Apps for the AppStore? MMS could easily be one of those.

15. jcostaman macrumors member

jcostaman

you know wat they need to add to youtube...

They need to add the ability to check subscriptions and view channels

Quick question............

How do you start a new thread?

Thanks

16. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Idk, hit the New Thread button?

17. EricMD21 macrumors newbie

Helen Keller could do a better job of photoshopping that. No joke

18. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Oh damn! lol

19. YoungKevin thread starter macrumors member

I think they will do it. Apple haven't let too many people out do them so i think it will be here pretty soon.

20. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I've been on hear awhile and haven't figured this out yet: How do you quote just a line of a quote and not the whole thing? Thanks!

21. knelto macrumors regular

All you do is delete what part you don't want in the quote field when you're posting. For instance, I could quote just your question:

You can actually be kind of mean too and edit what people have said, but I think we're all (hopefully) grown up enough not to do that......

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!!! :p

22. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

wow someones a genius, they even posted at the bottom that it wasnt a real screenshot. it was one from swirlymms

23. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

That's not a Photoshop job, that's a screenshot of SwirlyMMS.