MMS on pre-paid plan and Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macnewbbie, Oct 29, 2011.

1. macnewbbie macrumors regular

Hi.
    I have my first iphone (iphone 4 with iOS5) for one week now and i have some question about MMS. I know the mms "issues" have been discussed but my questions are a bit more specific.

I have a pre-paid plan ( so no data plan, only a fee that allows me free mms but no data/Internet plan because its much much cheaper for me) and i have configured the apn for mms from the website unlockit.
    I have turned of the data usage on settings because it costs a lot of money, but because of that i don't have mms. I turned it on to receive mms's and to try to send one and everything worked but it cost me 2€ to receive 2 mms and send 1.

So i was wondering this:
    1-Can you deactivate the internet data on the iphone and just receive mms automatically without spending money for data? All other phones(even the cheaper ones) can differentiate what is mms and internet data and use the appropriate profile, but the such an expensive can't. =/

2- Can you do what i asked on 1 with Jailbreak? Make the iphone deactivate internet and use download a mms when it arrives without using internet and spending more money.

I have to be honest, i have been feeling a bit limited with this phone and i have wanted to have one since 07, so this mms situation doesn't help =/

Thanks in advance.

2. macnewbbie thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone?
    I already jailbreaked the phone but what i want is to set up the apn for the mms and deactivate internet data (so i have wifi only) because its very expensive on a pre-paid plan. I thought that there would already be a tweak for this =S

3. farmermac macrumors 6502a

You might have better luck in a forum with more foreign users. Most Americans don't have access to prepaid plans. We just suck it up and pay for data

4. macnewbbie thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I was hoping someone might know this or someone with a pre-paid plan but i will look for a iphone foreign forum and see if someone might know there (but i don't feel very lucky about it though =s ). Thanks anyway