MMS Question (the old way of doing it)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w3cum, Jun 21, 2009.

1. w3cum macrumors regular

I am looking forward to the mms on my 3Gs but guess I will just have to wait... but I have seen people talk about getting a text saying "go to my messages.com and enter a code or something.... How do I get that? I went to Apple and they sent me to AT&T and the AT&T people said that they really dont know how to add that messageing ability to my phone... and that since I have the family messaging that I probably wont get the MMS on the 3Gs till Fall because they are doing the individual plans first.... so 1 question .. and one comment

Question 1. Anyone know how to get the messaging code sent to my phone?

Comment.... I sure wish they would stick to one story or one lie.... I think its the multiple answers and redirection thats pissing everyone off...

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

That message code is sent to you when someone sends you a picture message.....

3. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Of you dont have that call ATT and tell them that your not even getting the viemylink message.

4. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. All this talk of MMS and stuff and I never once got a message about clicking a link....I simply don't get any kind of message other than a straight up text message. I didn't think any form of it worked with the iPhone. I'm definately calling AT&T in the morning and complaining. To think I kept my Fuze and got a PAYG card when something was supposed to have worked all along!