MMS Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ShawtyTiger, Nov 29, 2010.

1. ShawtyTiger macrumors newbie

Forgive me if this is an obvious newbie question, but is there any way to send audio via text? Also, is there any way to save and/or forward MMS messages that I've received? The only option that I have is to play it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been wracking my brain!

2. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

If you open voice memo, click on the three horizontal line button on the right. If you click on a file's info is has a share button. Click on the Share button and you now get the option to share using Email or MMS. This is as of iOS 4.2.1.

3. ShawtyTiger thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response Monkey, but I'm not seeing any sharing options in any of the audio files. Sorry if I'm overlooking the obvious, but I'm not seeing any options other than to listen to the file.

4. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I THINK what Monkey was referring to is when you want to share a Voice Message via MMS, there is that option. But if you have a different sound file from a different source, that option doesn't exist. So far, I haven't found a way to send a different Sound file via MMS.

5. ShawtyTiger, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010

ShawtyTiger thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahhh, gotcha. Well, it's slightly comforting knowing that it's not just me. Although not as comforting when I realize that my crappy Xenon could do that & my iPhone can't.

Take the good with the bad I guess.

Thanks for your help guys!