MMS question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blown01NJ, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Blown01NJ macrumors member

Do you all get a URL to go to when someone sends you a MMS? This is what Ive been hearing, but I simply DONT get the message when someone sends me a MMS. What gives?

2. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

yes. you SHOULD get a url that you can click, but its a PAIN IN THE BUTT to go too. You have to remember the ID and password or whatever.. and then i heard that there is flash on the website, so your iphone can lock up..

I dont REALLY know because i havent gotten an MMS on my phone, and i've had it for a few months now

3. Blown01NJ thread starter macrumors member

4. slick316 macrumors 6502

If its a picture message, you should get a SMS with a link (best viewed on your computer).
    If receive a video message, you won't get a notification, at least, I never had for a video message.

5. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Like Jobs said. MMS is dead! LOL!

6. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I'm like the OP and I don't receive the link. Is there something AT&T needs to turn on to make it work?

7. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

This is an iPhone issue, not an AT&T issue. Apple's stance is that MMS is dead and email is the way to go. Guess they didn't get the message that most people are still using MMS. :eek:

8. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I never said getting the actual image I said the link for the image like everyone else gets.

9. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Gotcha, sorry. I don't think AT&T has to turn anything on. I have received a couple MMS via the weblink. It's just such a pain to get to! :eek::eek: