MMS Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by igotswings, Dec 13, 2009.

1. igotswings macrumors newbie

I just got MMS on my 2g iphone. Is there a reason why I need to enter my number under Settings > Phone?

It never asked my to enter my phone number when I didn't have MMS.

2. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

When I go to Setting>Phone>My Number it's already filled in with the correct info. I don't remember ever having to do that manually.

Did the MMS tell you to do this or did a pop-up appear once you received a text/photo? Sorry I don't have a good answer for you but I know for sure that I never had to enter my number when MMS became available. If I had to when I first got the phone, well I can't remember but I'm pretty sure I didn't do it then either.

3. igotswings thread starter macrumors newbie

I received a pop-up telling me to do that. It never had a number in Setting>Phone>My Number before MMS. Does using T-mobile make a difference?

4. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

It may be a T-Mobile thing. My iPhone is jailbroken but I'm still using AT&T. I don't have personal experience with iPhones on T-Mobile. I'm just assuming that you're unlocked....maybe after the process was done it left that field blank. To be honest I'm not sure if you need to put your number there or not.

Hopefully someone that knows more than I do can help. You may want to try posting this in the "iPhone Hacks" forum (one down from this one on the main forum page). There's plenty of people that have unlocked phones and they may know the answer.

5. igotswings thread starter macrumors newbie

Could a moderator please move this thread to the "iPhone Hacks" forum please.