mms tmobile driving me CRAZY

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ed423, Nov 15, 2009.

1. ed423 macrumors member

ed423

sorry guys i am a noob so bear with me.

i am using iphone 3g unlocekd. i have tmobile with no data plan, all i have is unlimited texting. how do i send mms?
    this is my setting.

cellular data
    apn epc.tmobile.com
    blank
    blank

mms
    apn wap.voicestream.com
    blank
    blank
    mmsc 216.155.174.84/serviets/mms
    mms proxy 216.155.165.50:8080
    size 614400
    blnak

what shoudl i enter or edit?!? this thing is driving me CRAZY. i am able to get the camera icon, but when i try to send, it gets to 90% and its stuck, then fails.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Download the IPCC files from here and install it via iTunes and your MMS should work. This is what I have to do to make my MMS function properly.

3. ed423 thread starter macrumors member

ed423

i saw that, but i have no data plan, only unlimited texting. so which one do i use?:confused:

and thankyou, i posted this question in at least 10 other forums, ur the first to asnwer me.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Use the post paid tzones one. Just make sure to change the APN settings so the internet won't work, and you should be good. You can install the IPCC file in iTunes by holding option and clicking "check for update" and choosing that file. Then reboot your phone.

5. ed423 thread starter macrumors member

ed423

how do i do that, if u dont mind me asking.
    and er...do i jsut enter those into cellular data..or u said install through itunes. from the compter? or iphone. hold option? sorry man. im totally lost lol. oh..i have a pc, the site is for mac only? :[
    thank so mcuh bro. u ARE the best.

oh nvm bro. i found a tutorial. thanks so much. i'll keep it posted on my progress!

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Instructions for both Mac and PC. You might not even need to do the terminal or command prompt thing. It's really easy.

This is what you need to download. link. Use the windows instructions

7. ed423 thread starter macrumors member

ed423

ohh, i have this apn setting from unlockit.co.nz shoudl i clear that then do the install, or do it after

8. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

I don't think it matters. I would delete it just to be safe, and then install the IPCC.

9. ed423 thread starter macrumors member

ed423

dude omg it wokrs! wow bro. thanks A LOT. idk how to repay u. lol i mean, seriosuly. u help me so mcuh. dont know what to do other than thankyou. buy u lunch if i know u..but since i dont, hers an :apple::p

10. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

11. ed423 thread starter macrumors member

ed423

lol honestly. if i have cc or paypal. i woudnt mind 'donating' couple bucks. but..only a senior in high schoool lol. so for now, i'll jsut be a loyal member of this forum :D

12. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

while we're on the topic of mms on tmobile...does this same method apply to the iphone 2G? ive got my friends unlocked to tmobile and she only has unlimited texting, but no data. i never figured out how to get mms to work on it.

13. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

The 2G iPhone "isn't" compatible with MMS. You have to use SwirlyMMS (which works great), or download Activate2GMMS (or something like that) from cydia which should make mms work, but it can affect the battery life.

14. ed423 thread starter macrumors member

ed423

PHP:
    You have to use SwirlyMMS (which works great), or download Activate2GMMS (or something like thatfrom cydia which should make mms workbut it can affect the battery life.
    +1 while researching on how to do it on myphone(3g) today, i found a lot info on 2g. and what he said are ur choices. personally, i'd say, if u want it REALLY bad, go with swirly. i heard it worsk great and u wont risk affecting the battery life.

15. djoz187 macrumors newbie

I haven't had a problem with ActivateMMS2G and battery life and I love the way it works! It only works on 2G's with 3.0 or 3.0.1 ONLY. NOT 3.1 or higher! There's a few threads that detail instructions on here.

16. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

thank you and everyone else for all your help! i will downgrade to 3.0.1 then and download activatemms2g. is the iphone 2G still downgradable from 3.1.2 to 3.0/3.0.1? i hope so :)