Mms Video Quality.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DEAN616, Sep 25, 2009.

1. DEAN616 macrumors member

Is it mine or does the quality on the mms video not look as good as an original video. Mine only covers part of the screen and is grainy. Anyone else?

2. Salukipilot4590 macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

I'd imagine its because it has to downsize the files to send them.

3. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Let's see it compressed to hell, the bit rate sucks and it's shrunk way down. What did you expect?

4. DEAN616 thread starter macrumors member

5. kayno macrumors regular

kayno

No it's everyones and it sucks ass! however, I sent a video to someone with a Black Berry and while I was complaining about the poor video quality, they were talking about how clear and nice it was.. so it might look really good on phones with poor resolution..:cool:

6. Howardchief macrumors regular

MMS video quality sucks

I took a beautiful video at a Reds game a few weeks ago and sent it to my sister who had no idea what was going on in the video because it's compressed beyond all recognition. I mean.. I've really liked MMS until I sent her that video.

7. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Email her the photo instead and it should be a bit better quality. MMS seems to be best for pics only.

8. Howardchief macrumors regular

I did. It was much better. It still bothers me though. I don't know.. maybe it shouldn't. I imagine other phones and networks are like this, right?

9. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Oh yeah. Its all a bunch of grainulated pixels when it comes to MMS video.

10. kayno macrumors regular

kayno

I really think they can do better.. they are just messing with our heads..

11. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Exactly. ^^

If you want to send and receive quality photos and video use email.

Just be glad we can zoom in on the photos that we receive. The guy I mms with the most has a motorola v9, maybe? He let me see some of the pics I sent him previous and some of them you cant even make out the text, if there is any.

12. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

They? Do you mean AT&T or all providers? Because all provider's MMS quality for videos is mediocre at best. Emailing will always be superior for sending these sorts of things.

What would motivate a cell phone company to offer less than stellar quality video MMS on purpose? If anything, I believe they would try and be the best to use it as a selling point for new customers.

"Come and sign with us. Our video quality is better than theirs."
    Or something like that.

13. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

That is partly true about the compression working better on phones with poor resolution or small displays. The reality is, these MMS video are so compressed (for server space) - that it is really best to send Video using something else. Pics should be adequate for MMS use. Video is the killer!

The grainy video on MMS is something that everyone deals with... If your phone has a larger lcd display and/or better resolution (i.e. - the iPhone) - it can be even worse...