MMS workarounds for O2 UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by superleccy, Jun 14, 2008.

1. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Okay... so still no MMS on the 3G iPhone.

So what actually happens when someone sends a MMS to your mobile phone number? Does the MMS just remain undelivered, or are you sent a link of some sort that lets you view the MMS on the web?

Also, is there ANY way to send a MMS from an iPhone? For example, I know that Vodafone had this service a few years ago (maybe they still do) that let you send a MMS from a secure web page, and have it charged to your account. That should make it technically possible for O2 to build a MMS web app.

SL

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

i've been sent an MMS and never got a link or anything, it appeared 'undelivered'

anyway, there is an app for jailbroken iphones that lets you send and receive MMS messages from anyone (works with o2)

3. pw1500 macrumors regular

pw1500

On o2-uk they send you an sms with a weblink to the mms message and a passcode to access.

The app stated in previous post is swirlymms for jailbroken iphones, ive not had any success with this, think you need to get o2 to add mms to you account.

4. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Don't hold me to this because I've not had an iPhone, but wasn't there a workaround where you could send to a phone number with some kinda @somethingorother on the end, I'm sure I saw it here somewhere, I could be totally wrong though :p

5. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

6. afd macrumors 6502a

7. superleccy thread starter macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Thanks for all the replies. I don't have an iPhone yet and MMS is one of the big sticking points. But it looks like I have several options.

Cool. How easy is this to use? Do you have to memorise a stupid long code or something?
    I heard that too, but that would depend on the network provider of the recipient. Some may support this, and some may support it better than others. But you'd need to know the exact address for each of your contacts.
    I've decided I'm not going to hack my new 3G iPhone when I get it. But the fact that this exists and works means that at least an app could solve the problem (as long as O2 have provisioned you with MMS). I bet it won't be long.
    Sounds great, cheers.

SL

8. pw1500 macrumors regular

pw1500

Nah its a 4 digit code mine's something like '1one' and its been the same code for all my mms, just login with the code and your mobile number and it shows all the mms that have been sent to you, pretty standard.,