1. jammybstard macrumors newbie

Apart from a couple of iPods running Rockbox I've never had much to do with any Apple gear before and then this week an iPhone and a MacBook arrived (a coincidence). Been until now an exclusive professional and personal user of MS and Nokia products you can probably imagine how much time I've spent in the last seven days googling "How do you........, on Mac OS" or "What's the best Y on the iPhone" A great deal of those searches have led back to MacRumors so I thought I'd better sign up!

The iPhone (3Gs) has impressed me massively with it's intuitiveness, my last two Nokias have been cleaver but far to fiddly to do anything complicated with while say walking.

One thing I can't work out though is MMS picture messaging; I have a 3Gs with version 3.1.3 firmware on the UK Hutchison 3G network (AKA 3);
    I've read that I should be able to MMS on anything after 3.1.2. but can't find any way of doing so can anyone clear it up for me, can I do it? And how do I do it?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Tap on the message icon then to the left of where you type your message is a little camera. Tap that and it asks to take a photo or choose existing. Pick what u want. Simple as that.

You cam also go into your photo album and the little icon bottom left if you ap it, it gives you several options on ways to send. Mms being one of them.

Just a side note make sure your mms settings are correct.

3. jammybstard thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers Gav

I've been looking for that; I dont have that button

My only options are Email Photo, Assign to Contact and Use as Wallpaper

There's no MMS settings in Settings>Messages, is there anywhere else I should look?

4. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

I think you need to jailbreak and try to install mms that way. As the iPhone isn't meant to be on that carrier so your mms settings have no been activated. When I restore my iPhone I get a text saying my mms settings have been activated.

5. jammybstard thread starter macrumors newbie

It was 3 that supplied the phone; they told me they have just started supplying them to existing customers so perhaps I'm one of the first; I dont want to go Jailbreaking it just yet; Is this somthing the network can sort out do you think? howcome the buttons arn't there though? I thought they would be there as long as the software was up-to-date even if they don't work.