Mobee Magic Bar vs. Apple recharable batteries

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mantic, Jan 26, 2012.

1. mantic macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to decide between these two options. I'm leaning toward the apple rechargeable batteries, but the magic bar looks interesting and wouldn't really cost much more. Anyone one have the Mobee Magic Bar and like it?

2. KlytusLord macrumors regular

I switched to the batteries after using the bar along with the Mobee battery pack for the magic mouse. The Mobee stuff, in my opinion, is too tight fitting and makes it a pain to maintain. The Mobee dock for the mouse kept reporting incorrect battery status. So I gave up on both.

The battery charger and batteries are a breeze to swap out.

3. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

I have the magic bar and like it. The advantage over the Apple rechargeable batteries or any other rechargeable batteries is inductive charging. Toss the keyboard/mouse/tablet in the right place, and it charges. With rechargeable batteries, you need to change the batteries.

I like this, and I dislike swapping batteries. But KlytusLord liked things the other way round. YMMV.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I am using the Eneloop rechargeables. For about $33 you can get a charger and eight batteries. This keeps four in the mouse/KB and four in the charger full and ready to swap.

When the Apple rechargeables came out, I read somewhere they were Eneloop batteries rebranded by Apple.

5. mantic thread starter macrumors 6502a

I also read about the batteries being rebranded. How long are you guys getting on a charge of these batteries.

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Keep in mind I am a heavy user... probably five hours a day or so. I get about two months out of the KB batteries and close to a month from the mouse.

7. mantic thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's sounds great to me. I think i'm going to go ahead with the apple batteries and charger.