Mobee Magic Charger interfering with Wi-Fi connection?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ngcp5183, May 29, 2013.

1. ngcp5183 macrumors newbie

Got the Mobee Magic Mouse Inductive Charger couple weeks ago as My magic mouse is consuming the battery way toooooooooo quickly that I cant handle it! 3 - 4 weeks was how long my battery lasted. is that even normal?

and here comes the main question, would the charger interfere with the Wi-Fi connectivity on my iMac in anyway? I placed the charger right underneath the iMac Monitor. And I tried speedtest with and without the charger plugged in. Internet speed seemed to be almost doubled when the charger was not plugged in. does anyone experience the same or is that just an illusion......:confused:

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. EwanMcTeagle macrumors 6502

EwanMcTeagle

Unfortunately I have to confirm this for the Mobee Trackpad/keyboard charger as well. If I use WiFi (though luckily I use Ethernet 99% of the time) with the Magic Trackpad the cursor stutters like a drunk mother**** even though the Mobee charger is off and only the battery part is in the trackpad. Kind of annoying to say the least.

4. ngcp5183 thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmmm! seems like I will need to move my charger away from the working area.....

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

The simple solution would be to get two pair of AA rechargeable batteries. Eneloop batteries would be the best.

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Agreed. Wireless charging is meh at this point. So expensive and in this case, specialized to one type of product.