Mobee Magic Numpad

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AztecKing, Jun 25, 2012.

1. AztecKing macrumors member

AztecKing

I bought one of these and love it. The only thing I don't like about it is you have to go to the tool bar at the top of the screen to turn it on every time to use the Numpad. To turn it off you just touch the F19 key on the Numpad. I emailed their tech support and they said that's the only way to do it.

Any ideas on a shortcut to make this work?

2. AztecKing thread starter macrumors member

AztecKing

3. Motagaly macrumors newbie

Although this is an old thread, I saw it a long time ago and I did not find a way of toggling it without using the mouse and going to that menu, I have a lot of icons in the bar and sometimes I can't find it quickly.

Just today and by luck I found that hitting F6 will toggle between the modes :)

4. AztecKing thread starter macrumors member

AztecKing

I tried toggling F6 and nothing happened. I turned on the keypad to use the calculator mode by clicking on the menu at the top of the page and then when I hit F6 nothing happened. On my MB Pro F6 is the backlit key light switch and that's all it did was brighten the lights. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Jeff

5. SuperKirby macrumors member

delete (backspace) key

Anyone know how to create a shortcut for the delete (aka backspace) key?

The only thing I can get close to is using Command+Delete which essentially makes a shortcut to delete everything. I would like a simple delete shortcut key, if possible.

6. SuperKirby macrumors member

Nevermind, i'm an idiot. It's key F16. You just have to reverse the pre-inputted option to delete (backwards) because the default is set to forward.

7. Motagaly macrumors newbie

After maverick, nothing is working, Sent an e-mail to Mobee customer support and they sent a special update V2.2 via this link http://www.sendspace.com/file/ruhbt8 and asked me to "To enable the keyboard shortcut under Mavericks go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility and check support for Magic Numpad.app as attached picture"

After that It worked as usual with the F6 Button, Just wanted to write the solution in case someone searched the internet for a solution.

Attached Files:

8. Menopause macrumors 6502a

Menopause

Thank you kind soul! :)

9. Motagaly macrumors newbie

double tap to work in a bi-direction

You can run the following terminal command in order for the double tap to
    work in a bi-direction, and no need for the F6 button in Mavericks

defaults write com.mobee.Magic-Numpad enableDoubleTap -boolean YES

Enjoy,