Mobile App: Quicken Not Coming.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Shanesan, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

So it turns out that Quicken is not pumping out a Quicken Mobile or anything of the sort in the next few weeks/months, so we're kind of screwed if we're using Quicken and want to keep our finances updated immediately when making purchases.

Anyone know of a good app for this that I can't seem to find on the App Store?

(For those who want this app and want it now, request it: http://www.quicken.com/voc/feedback/?type=1&prod=&src=/Quickensw&head=&qwin= )

2. iggypop macrumors member

Quicken alternative with iPhone sync

i wish you luck in getting the quicken folks to take mac customers and iPhone users seriously.

meanwhile, your best bet may be iBank 3, a leopard-specific personal finance app that already offers iPhone sync. it'll import your quicken data too.

i work for the developer so i won't plug it any further. but it may be the answer to your needs. :)

3. Malakas07 macrumors member

OP, Feedback sent. Lets hope Quicken looks into this and responds accordingly.

Iggypop, This is the first I'm hearing of iBank. This application looks friggin awesome.

Do you have a full feature list for the iPhone?
    Are you able to run queries on the iPhone regarding spending by Category ?
    Can you password protect accounts on the iPhone ?
    Any screenshots of the Transaction view on the iPhone?

In quick comparision the iBank application is looking mighty good compared to the "PC" styling of Quicken.

Eh, Just found out that to use iBank with the iPhone you need to have a .Mac account. Not a true iPhone App.

Hopefully this is coming soon from somebody.

4. iggypop macrumors member

using iBank as a quicken alternative

hi malakas, hope i can shed a little more light on what iBank does (or doesn't yet) do:

- at the moment, the iPhone app is limited to viewing account balances, entering transactions, and viewing the last 4 transactions in each account. there are no reports.

- access is password protected via .mac (you have to enter your .mac password to open the web page).

- screenshots can be viewed in the (downloadable) iBank manual (www.iggsoftware.com).

we are exploring the creation of a more full-featured stand-alone iPhone app, but if it's not a "true iPhone app" yet, we haven't made that claim - development of the current iPhone integration predates the new app store by almost a year. we still think it's the best solution currently out there for iPhone users, but that doesn't mean we can't make it better. so thanks for asking, and stay tuned. :)

5. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

6. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

from what I have read it looks like Intuit is planning a Native iPhone App.

Attached Files:

7. iggypop macrumors member

iBank support

it's not clear whether the poster is speculating about our customer service or has had actual experience with IGG, but i should mention here that support email is typically replied to on the same day, monday through friday. in many cases, a reply is sent within an hour or so. we're quite proud of the quality of our tech support.

IGG's forums are quite active and speak for themselves; phone support seems to be the exception at most companies these days.

there's no need to wait for QFL - iBank 3.2 is out today and it rocks.

8. jgreyson macrumors newbie

A couple suggestions on the design of iBank from what I see in the screenshots - the main focus of the groovy cover-flow display should be on the numbers rather than an oversize gawdy icon. It makes me envision having to do extra work on each transaction to pick out an appropriate image.

The screenshots of QFL, in comparison, do exactly this - they too use large icons (though not quite as large) to represent transactions, but the icons are solid red for debits and solid green for credits. Much easier on the eyes.

From my 5-minute comparison, I wouldn't buy iBank in its current form. Needs polishing.