Mobile banking on ATT

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by vemulasri, Nov 4, 2008.

1. vemulasri macrumors member

2. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

I got it, works great. Suntrust and Wachovia support are perfect. I love how it lets you add multiple accounts from different banks.

3. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

Does it require your usernames and passwords for your accounts?

If so, count me out!

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

yep big security risk. Count me out!

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I'm waiting for Cha-Ching for iPhone! It's not mobile banking, but it's a checkbook, and safer...

6. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

No, you must get an activation code first from your banking website. (At least for Wachovia.) You will then select a different PIN for your mobile banking.

7. vemulasri thread starter macrumors member

Actually, i did try for wachovia. It doesn't ask for uesrname and password. You have to set it up in the wachovia website and then it gives you a activation code. Once, you put this activation code in the iphone you are ready to go.

But, you do need to set a pin for opening the app though. I thought, that was good to have :eek:

8. vemulasri thread starter macrumors member

This app now says chase is supported. Anyone able to get it to work with chase? I am getting an error when i enter the activation code. If anyone is able to add it, let me know that would be great.:confused:

9. Ashyukun macrumors 6502

I haven't had any luck with it either... but then I'm having a bear of a time simply getting Chase's own mobile site to authenticate to let me use it over the phone... :mad:

10. vemulasri thread starter macrumors member

Seems like no one is able to do it. The app now officially says Chase in the description. I hope someone knows how we can get in touch with someone to get it work.

11. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Well this looks cool, but useless. My two banks aren't on it. How could you leave off BB&T and Bank of America?

12. orrelse44 macrumors regular

Can anyone who has it find out if USAA is included? Thanks!

13. calancaster macrumors newbie

Bank of America has their own branded iPhone app.

14. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Yeah but it's pretty crummy. It's just a front end for their usual mobile website.

15. jcrmrr macrumors newbie

It does work with USAA, I just set mine up. Just log onto your USAA account and sign up, it only takes a few minutes. I had to type in "mobile banking" in the search cause I couldn't find it on the main page.

16. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

17. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

No luck with Chase either. I'm hoping this gets worked out soon. I do have Chase mobile working on my phone, just not this app.

The error I get is "Invalid Number" and it's telling me my phone number is invalid, not the activation code. Is this what you guys are getting with Chase as well?

18. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

Same error here!
    and this also happens with Citibank and my Chase credit card
    >.< :mad:

19. vemulasri thread starter macrumors member

I am getting Invalid Code Error it says "Activation code is either Invalid or Expired. Try again".

How did you sign up with Chase and what activation code did you enter

20. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

When you go to chase dot com from your iPhone, it takes you to the mobile screen, and allows you to sign up for it. When you do, if you set up a normal online account already, it will email or text you an activation code unique to your account and device.

21. orrelse44 macrumors regular

Thanks!!!!!

22. Ashyukun macrumors 6502

I've consistently not been able to even authenticate the phone even through Chase's mobile website on Safari, so I called up Chase's help line for their mobile banking- and they confirmed that they are having known issues with the iPhones on their site and that (at least according to them) AT&T had released the banking app before they had gotten the chance to ensure that everything worked properly with it... so it seems for now, no mobile banking with Chase (except via text message, which should still work...).

23. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Thank you for the info. I do use the text messaging banking feature a lot. I'm looking forward to this app working, but I did manage to get their mobile site to work on my iPhone. It's just App that won't for me.

24. Ashyukun macrumors 6502

Interesting... I've had zero luck at getting their mobile site working, even with going through it while on the line with one of their reps and confirming all the codes through the process. Are you running anything out of the ordinary firmware/system wise?

25. Alex2287 macrumors newbie

not working.

For Chase call 1-877-210-1672

They helped me, but it took forever. The girl who helped was having issues herself with her iphone. They are still having issues and it may not work for everyone. let me know how it goes.

I also talked to a friend who works for Chase and their training said it would be available the 12th or the 15th. think it'll be working monday for sure. He was also under the impression that it was a Chase branded app, not an AT&T app... who knows.