Mobile Browser for Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nezza, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Nezza macrumors member

Nezza

My mobile phone provider gives me free GPRS WAP access, which is rather nice.

I've figured out how to get my Macbook Air to connect to the net through the phone using bluetooth, but using a full featured web browser isn't really feasible for a couple of reasons.

1. Speed. Comparable to a 56k modem.
    2. There is a fair use policy. Normally I hate these, but when I'm getting access for free, then I'm not going to complain.

So, what I'm looking for is a browser, compatible with Leopard that will identify itself as a mobile browser, and therefore browse the mobile versions of BBC news etc. Basically something comparable to the WAP browser on my mobile phone, which will a) not suck a lot of bandwidth and b) load relatively quickly, as it won't have to deal with all the ubiquitous graphics that every site has nowadays. Effectively a low-bandwidth browser.

Is there anything like this available? Obviously I'm not looking to replace my main net connection with this. But it would be useful to use when I want to check the football scores, or to upload a new blog post; without having to type it out on a mobile phone keypad and I'm not near a wireless hotspot. Whilst still being in keeping with the spirit of the fair use agreement as just loading the front page of most sites would consume far more bandwidth then an entire session using WAP.

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

3. boast macrumors 65816

boast