Mobile data usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kvlq, Jan 28, 2016.

1. kvlq macrumors member

Why my new iphone 6s use much more mobile data than my old Samsung S4? I turned off icloud backup/app store updates, and a lot of others features, but the same apps which i used on my old android uses more data(whatsapp,instagram,fb etc.) Is there a fix for this? If not, maybe an explanation would make me feel better. :cool:

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Take a look on the cellular section of the settings app to see which apps are using your mobile data and how much of it they are using. There's also WiFi Assist setting at the bottom of that screen which might have some impact on it all and you can experiment with turning it off if it's on for you.

3. kvlq thread starter macrumors member

wifi assist is off from day one. Apps that are using mobile data are the same ones that i used on android(whatsapp,instagram,fb.. ) And they are using now much more data than on android.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Could it be that you are using those apps more recently and/or using more photo/video content within them? What sort of usage differences are we talking about as far as the size of mobile data being used?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not much you can do besides controlling your usage and stick to wifi then.

6. kvlq thread starter macrumors member

i use them as much as i used on android. i need now 8-10gb , instead of 4-5gb on S4.

@Applejuiced, sure that i turn wifi on everytime im in coverage.