Mobile Development on Login Page GIS using JAVA

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by deva12345, May 8, 2015.

1. deva12345 macrumors newbie

:apple::apple:
    Hi All

I need help in order to develop a simple login page which recognizes nearest GIS locations with IOS and Android device I

know through webview, we can acheive, but I need exact code or if any examples with links available
    using JAVA language. Kindly reply me with your proper answers with appropriate code or examples please..

Thanks
    Have a great day and lots of cheers forever to you.

2. 960design macrumors 68000

You may be a bit out of your league, just by your question. See iOS doesn't use Java. Sure there are ports, but who wants that?

You can get pretty accurate information using HTML5. Try something like: http://html5demos.com/geo

Notice that you must authorize access to your location information, yep a very nice privacy thing that is handled by the browser.

Good luck!

3. D.T., May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015

D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

In JavaScript, the navigator.geolocation object has methods to determine location (after the client authorizes ... see the excellent example posted by 960design above).

Are you writing native apps? Why not just use the native CoreLocation for iOS?

Yeah, it sounds like maybe they substituted Java for Javascript since they're talking about UIWebView (I tend to agree with your assessment though :) )

4. marrysilver macrumors newbie

Hello,

I agree with the comment iOS doesn't use Java but at the same time you can use java for android application