Mobile hotspot question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ksj0823, Sep 4, 2015.

1. ksj0823 macrumors member

Last year I bought a 6plus and used it for few weeks. I got the T-mobile version from Apple online store, And I put my ATT sim in it. Everything works fine except the mobile hotspot. Everytime I tried to turn it on, it pops up a notification that told me to call att support #.

As I said I only used it for few weeks last year, Is this a common problem for Tmobile version that with a att sim in it? Or this year should I get T-mobile version from apple online store or ATT version from ATT website?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

To use hotspot on your iPhone with AT&T you will need to pay for it. It cost extra and you will have to add this feature to your plan.

3. ksj0823 thread starter macrumors member

what? I thought that feature come with the ATT mobile share plan?? I am using it on my old Android

4. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

When I had att it was included on any mobile share plan higher than 10Gb, I think they changed that though and now any share plan gets it for free. Have you contacted AT&T about this issue?

5. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Why not call the ATT support number indicated on your phone.?:eek:

Come back and let us all know what happened.

6. ksj0823 thread starter macrumors member

will do. I hope the tmobile one from apple online store will be unlocked this year too.