Mobile internet not working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by canada eh, Jan 3, 2010.

1. canada eh macrumors regular

I have a Bell Mobile Internet Stick and my Macbook Pro doesn't recognize it. I have installed The Bell Mobile Connect software numerous times and nothing. it will find the hardware, and when i select connect, it ask for my password. Once my password is entered, a crash report comes up wanting to send it to Apple.

On my hackintosh dell mini 10v under the network preferences it has a connection for Novatel CDMA connection, but I cannot get that to come up on my genuine MBP. Any ideas to get this working? Unfortunately this is the only source of internet i have and i am on the netbook to post this.

I recently upgraded my hard drive to a 500gb Seagate from my standard 160gb drive the computer came with, I did an install onto the hard drive from my Snow Leopard install disc, and when prompted transferred all of my files from a previous time machine back up.

My system specs are:

Macbook Pro 13.3 inch (5,5)
    2.26 Ghz
    500gb hard drive
    2gb RAM
    OS X 10.6.0

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

The first thing I can think of is update to 10.6.2. Then come back for more help.

3. canada eh thread starter macrumors regular

Thats what I was thinking too. I'll get the update from school tomorrow. Thanks!

4. canada eh thread starter macrumors regular

Ok I got the 10.6.2 update and it does the same thing. I remember that there was an install for the program to add the network connection to OS X etc. But all it does is open the program like it did before. So maybe there are some hidden files that are preventing it from installing?

5. georgianbay macrumors newbie

Bell Mobile Internet on Snow Leopard seems to have issues

I also have had several problems with the Bell Connect software (version 1.1.0 build 3). When the program initializes no networks are present. I discovered two situations where this happens. The first occurs if you already have a network connection active. This could be through ethernet or airport - had to shut off airport or unplug the ethernet cable. The second, for no reason, also when it is initializing no network is available - had to unplug the usb Bell stick and plug back in.

I have also had several cases now on a macbook and new imac 27" Quad core i7 of system hanging up - most of the time after it has gone to sleep or not active for a period of time - must reboot, then error report generated and sent to Apple.

Snow Leopard on both system has all OS patches applied!!