Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e.m.

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2005
San Francisco
so does this update finally allow push to/from Mac?

Push was working for me on my iPhone yesterday, but push mail has stopped working as of this morning.

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
No Tiger version?

This seems to be Leopard only, is there not going to be a Tiger version (10.4.11 is listed on the Apple site as a minimum requirement.)

And no, I can't upgrade to Leopard before anyone asks...

Without the Tiger update, it seems I have to manually sync my iMac in order to get the data up to MobileMe online and then pushed to my iPhone (and for some reason, my subscribed calendars, such as Movie & DVD Releases, U.S. Holidays, etc. don't sync at all to MobileMe, only my Home and Work calendar.)

Any info or advice regarding this?

rontheancient

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2005
USA
I know this maybe a stupid question, but what is the .1 for? Is there a difference between the updater from one a few days ago to 1.1?

According to System Profiler the MobileMe pref pane is version 5.1.

appleguy

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2002
Auckland, NZ
anyone else having an issue.
I create a calendar event on my iPhone 3G(16GB White, which I love)
I see it come down in my calendar on my mac. I move it and it duplicates on the iphone and then reappears in the original location leaving the changed one as well..

appleguy

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2002
Auckland, NZ
anyone else having an issue.
I create a calendar event on my iPhone 3G(16GB White, which I love)
I see it come down in my calendar on my mac. I move it and it duplicates on the iphone and then reappears in the original location leaving the changed one as well..

All working fine now. :)
ok so when you set your MobileMe settings on your mac to sync automatically
how often does it check?? or does this come down from the magic cloud too?

StingerT125

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Dutchess County New York
I had to click around in the .mac preference pane to get mobileme update to pop up.

This is the same for me. I kept checking Software Update but nothing was showing up. I checked Settings again and got the pop up about the update.

Turned it on and checked some contacts and appointments. Was a little slow but they did sync up!

genshi

macrumors 6502a
This seems to be Leopard only, is there not going to be a Tiger version (10.4.11 is listed on the Apple site as a minimum requirement.)

And no, I can't upgrade to Leopard before anyone asks...

Without the Tiger update, it seems I have to manually sync my iMac in order to get the data up to MobileMe online and then pushed to my iPhone (and for some reason, my subscribed calendars, such as Movie & DVD Releases, U.S. Holidays, etc. don't sync at all to MobileMe, only my Home and Work calendar.)

Any info or advice regarding this?

I just found this on Apple's Knowledge Base, apparently MobileMe will still show up as .Mac in Tiger:

I have Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, can I still use MobileMe?
Most MobileMe features work with Tiger, but you must be running the latest version (currently version 10.4.11) and MobileMe features will still appear as .Mac. Some features, such as Back to My Mac, do require Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. For details about using Mail with MobileMe in Mac OS X 10.4.11, read this article.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1932

Hope that helps answer why Tiger won't be getting the update to change the .Mac Preference pane (but it will still sync to MobileME.)

danpat

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2007
No MM update in Aus yet. :confused:
Still getting "Your software is up to date."
Leopard MBP.

ctbritt

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
Washington, DC
So far MobileMe 1.1 is not showing up in ASU. (The first one never did either; I had to download it manually.) My Apple TV has not yet shown any inclination to update itself. My wife's PowerBook has never seen any trace of an update.

I live in UAE. Does anyone have any idea if Apple delays its software updates for overseas customers? I've been having this problem for various updates for a while now.

tliszt

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2006
MobileMe Standalone Installer?

Is there a way to manually download the updater for Apple MobileMe v1.1?

I am still not getting it via Software Update.

e.m.

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2005
San Francisco
I have been looking but I cant find anything.........this is really frustrating

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I applied the update, and it didn't really change anything except for the icon and updating mail to 3.4. All this doesn't matter because push from mac to the cloud isn't working at all. It's still sync like the .mac days. Hopefully they'll fix this soon, and hopefully by that time the update will be available for you guys.

So at the moment, you're not missing anything by not having the update.

I know how you guys feel though; the update didn't show up for me until this morning and it was driving me crazy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.