mobile me and 4.1 (greenposi0n)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mr. Chewbacca, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Anyone use mobile me with a jb iPhone running 4.1? I also preserved my 1.59.00 modem firmware using TU

I just got an iPad and am planning on getting a MBP as soon as the new ones come out. Now I have a desktop PC, its OK but getting slow. I assume (hope) the new MBP will be out in the next 60 days.

Since mobile me has a 60 day free trial I figured I would just go ahead and start using that now and buy the 1 year subscription when I get the MBP since you get a discount for buying it with a new machine.

Does anyone use mobile me with just an iPhone and iPad? will I have any problems since I will not update my very modified iPhone to 4.2?

Thanks all!!

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

No issues here, I got it running on my 4.1 iPhone with no issue

3. Mr. Chewbacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Thanks maturola. Good to know.

I think I'm going to go ahead and set it up

4. peenapple390 macrumors newbie

I haven't had any issues with my MobileMe. I've been using it for about 3 years and I haven't had a single hiccup. I would imagine your desktop PC has an internet connection so you do have the ability to access the me.com web portal and access all of the features such as mail, contacts, calendar, gallery, iDisk, and Find my iDevice. You'll be able to edit any information in there as well as configure sync options. You won't have any trouble using it will your devices.

On a side note, when you set up the 60 day trial, it requires you to put in a credit card, after that trial it will charge your account. So be cautious of when you intend on purchasing an activation code so you can save $30.

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Or more... Right now you can save almost $60 on it buying the "Old Version" from Amazon.

6. Mr. Chewbacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Will that work with the iPad?

7. hamean macrumors member

I use Mobile me for multiple synced devices. Does Jailbreak effect mobile me in any way on a IP4?